Random Thoughts....

Yes, I understand your point, but why is it connected to the internet at all if it’s just a garage opener?
So the delivery guy doesn't have your code just a passthrough to open the garage. You can also open it for others with your phone. In the US frequently people will leave their garage entrance unlocked and the garage door shut. Someone needs to get in to the house you give them your garage code or with this open the garage for them.

I use it exactly for that: enable the odd delivery guy to slide something into the garage when nobody is home. I wouldn’t ever connect it to Amazon (or any other cloud service) for that, though… that can all be done locally as well, like I’m doing here 🤷‍♂️ same goes for cameras - I’m actually in the process of ditching iCloud for a local solution (because of performance, to be fair, not because I’m afraid Apple is going to mess with my stuff).

I use it exactly for that: enable the odd delivery guy to slide something into the garage when nobody is home. I wouldn’t ever connect it to Amazon
I think you are confused the product gives the Amazon delivery driver access to your garage at their request.

Ha! Yeah lol the literal Amazon dude gets access, that went right over my head
You don't need a ring camera or ring membership. It's just a MyQ box connected to the garage door lift box. Maybe there is some sharing of info but the only thing I know is the open/close function.

I get there is a trust issue which... Am I the only one who likes targeted ads?

I’m currently opening Facebook on a regular basis; not because I’m a masochist, but because I’m hoping to eventually find information on one particular thing. The site keeps showing me ads for electric cars and boy, oh boy, are those some effective idiot magnets.

I’d head to a modelling shop if I were you. They should be able to recommend a foam and the tools to work it.

IIRC, the usual method is to cut your piece of foam roughly into shape and then plane and sand it down. So you’re going to need some experience in those areas; if I tried that, the plane would probably end up flying backwards.

Apart from that, you’re looking for something really rather long and thin, so perhaps it would be best to add some reinforcement like metal stringer along the bottom or the top of the wing.
I've done some testing, the method I'm currently using is to cut the foam into 50mm segments, since that's the travel of the drill I have access to, drilling 2 3mm holes for the wing spas, then using wooden stencils and a hot wire to make the shape before putting all the segments onto a pair of rods. It works pretty well IMO

Happy Leap Day!

What are you doing on your extra day?

Working. You?

I am being a complete slacker and eating a few peanut butter cups. The only thing special about today is the peanut butter cups. ;)

Happy Leap Day!

What are you doing on your extra day?
Working, arranging side-gigs, watching Australians make a total hash out of trying to drive Moab trails with waaaaaay too much throttle.

After buying in near its absolute peak in 2021, my Bitcoin and Eth "investments" (though I never saw them as such...more like expensive lottery/movie tickets) have finally scratched their way back up to breaking even, after first losing 75% of their "value".

IMG_5364.jpeg

Not much, just Puffalump.