FG Fitness Challenge

april.jpg

I think I have posted before about Wings for Life World Run and how I really rather like the format*. Social media brought to my attention that this year's edition is a mere 53 days away and I'm currently really not quite feeling in the running form I'd like to be in for that. Especially considering the goal I set for myself last year already, which I only fell a little short of (23.6 km).
View attachment 3572068
* if it's not already clear from the screenshot: you start running and after 30 min a catcher-car starts following you, increasing its speed every so often, until it catches you - that's when you're done. there's mass-run-events all across the globe simultaneously (poor people in japan running at night...), but I will be doing it on my own via the app (which I prefer to the crowds anyway).

So I thought why not try the built-in half-marathon (close enough distance wise) training plan from my strava sub. it's no something you couldn't come up with yourself, with just a tiny bit of research, but why not make it easy on myself. also it takes 10 weeks, so I've already blown the first three of those. also this means I should increase my running from basically one run a week to at least 3 runs a week. ugh. also one "long run" every single week - which I'd really only done monthly, until now.
cycling time will suffer accordingly. mhm... will see how much fun this actually ends up being or whether I have the discipline to stick with it.
also, currently I'm still trying to get rid of a cold, so... err... yeah. let's see.
So despite not following that training plan and not doing the mileage AT ALL for some reason this shit actually worked out for me 🤷‍♂️ I even had a few minutes to spare, but the last 5k were a bloody sufferfest so I called it a day at my target. Everything hurts now, but I won’t have to do this crazy shit again. … I’ll probably still sign up next time anyway 🤣
(Discrepancy is between Apple Watch and their bloody app on the phone)
IMG_4399.jpeg

edit: update from next day: calves and ass hurt (former: sure, what with barefoot running, latter: huh? weird), hooray for couch office!

Last edited:
I would enjoy running much more if I didn't live in The City of The Seven Hills®, where it's uphill in every direction...
big up sheffield - uphill, both ways.

Used to live there, moved to salford for uni last september and omg does it make u realise just how hilly that place is lmao